Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I want to re-establish a LAN connection that I inadvertantly

Customer Question
disconnected, so that I can...
I want to re-establish a LAN connection that I inadvertantly disconnected, so that I can print documents from my MAC. I have a dell computer with DSL, through AT&T with an EWIRE connector. How do I set up my MAC to print???
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2008
Mac Support Specialist: Marc Schonbrun, Mac Genius replied 9 years ago
Marc Schonbrun
Marc Schonbrun, Mac Genius

Help me understand the setup better: the printer is connected to the PC directly, or is it connected through ethernet to your DSL connector? RAM has almost nothing to do with your issue, although having more RAM never hurt anyone!

The HP is supported by Bonjour, with is Apple's no-fuss LAN print setup, so if it is indeed attached to the Dell, install Bonjour for windows here:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bonjourforwindows.html

If I'm off the mark on your setup, get me as much information as you can, as we'll get you printing.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. The printer is connected to the Dell directly. So all I need to do is download the Bonjour? Will it walk me through a set-up or what. I'm a bit computer challenged, but am willing to learn.

Bonjour should be automatic and very, very easy. Try it, if it works, great. If not, I'll opt out and let someone else look.

Marc

Marc,

O.K...I installed the Bonjour printer wizard on my PC. When I went to the printer wizard, it's asking me to select the printer that I want to use using the list below and then it says that there are no Bonjour printers available. I have an HP laserjet 3050 and it is hooked up directly to the PC and it works on the PC because I just printed something off of the internet with it. What am I missing?

According to HP, it is Bonjour compatible, but Windows is out of my area of experience, so I'm going to leave this one to others and opt out of this. Sorry I wasn't able to help you!

Marc
OK, I assume that I just wait for someone else to answer or do I need to ask again????
You don't need to ask again, it's now an open query.
Sorry, I haven't touched Windows in quite a while.
Marc Schonbrun
Marc Schonbrun, Mac Genius
Marc Schonbrun
Marc Schonbrun
Marc Schonbrun, Mac Genius