Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

my aol keeps popping up with request for

Customer Question
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2008
Mac Support Specialist: The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru replied 9 years ago
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
If you go to AOL.com can you log in?

What is the exact error message or password XXXXX that you are getting?

Did you turn off filevault or just change the password?
I had no choice re filevault- bouncing message -had to enter master paswd and create new pswed
did that an all OK
until the next day-sunday when popup
'enter keychain password"
i don't know what that is
i put in my aol password XXXXX into aol after many cancel inputs, but then it keeps on popping up
i did not turn filevault off

i can eventually get into aol , poup is incessant
exact wording

pleae enter your keychain password
aol desktop wants to use "keychain login"
This has nothing to do with your AOL password. This is all about your computer's master password. Why did you have to change the filevault password? Do you know what the password XXXXX to be? Do you have a system disk? If you know the password, we can then reset the keychain. If you don't know it we will need a system disk.

I have no idea why i had to change the filevault. It just popped up.
i thought i knew my computer's master password, tried it -it did not work.
what is a system disk? I uses the iMac no disk that i can remember.

i surely regret EVER doing the filevault.
I found the Mac OSX install Disk- but it too requires the mater password
what to do
Insert the OSX disk, and go to the apple menu and select restart. When you hear the startup tone, hold down the C button on the keyboard. That will start the computer up to the OSX disk. Do not reinstall. If asked, choose your language, then under the tools menu select password XXXXX Reset the password XXXXX the root user to something you know, then restart the computer, login as the root user (if your computer starts up without needing a password, select the apple menu, and log out of the current user, and then back in as root - with the password XXXXX chose. From there, go to system preferences, accounts, and reset your other accounts password XXXXX there.
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru