Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am a new Mac user, the only one at my new job, which is running

Customer Question
MS Exchange server. We're a...
I am a new Mac user, the only one at my new job, which is running MS Exchange server. We're a small nonprofit, and I purchased Office 2008 for Mac from TechSoup. Our IT guy (contractor) has everything set up with the server, so I went out and bought a smartphone: Sprint Treo 800w. I told the sales guys I had a Mac on MS Exchange, but they were clueless. Since there's no way to sync the Treo, I need to exchange the phone. Asked Andrew Fishkin, and he recommends a Blackberry b/c of the new version of PocketMac that allows syncing of Entourage 2008 & with the MS Exchange server. He also said RIM provides 1 free user of a fix so you don't have to purchase Bb Enterprise Server software. Is this my solution? Is it easy to set up? IT guy is PC, although we have other resources. We're a nonprofit, and I never dreamed this would be so difficult to navigate... Thanks! Sharon
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2008
Mac Support Specialist: drpj, Mac Genius replied 9 years ago
drpj
drpj, Mac Genius
You can sync your Treo with MissingSync. Take a look at http://www.markspace.com/

You should also be able to sync with Entourage using the Palm conduit which comes with Palm Desktop software (which should have come with your Treo.)

If you need more help, let me know.
The online forums don't look so hot for Treo 800w and Missing Sync... are these folks the exceptions? Because Missing Sync doesn't list 800 as one of the supported versions of the Treo. I would love the solution to be that easy!

Thanks... S
Yes, from what i can tell support for the 800w is available only on Windows systems. You May be able to sync directly to your exchange server if it's running the web client. I would need more time to investigate that further.

It does look like the Centro 755 will work well. I personally like the software that is available for the PalmOS smart phones, but "your mileage may vary"

I'm sorry i couldn't be more help.
drpj
drpj, Mac Genius
drpj
drpj
drpj, Mac Genius