Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

Time Machine back up question

I want to replace my dead macbook pro with a new mac pro. I have a time machine backup image from the laptop that I want to use to replace the data, including the software. The macbook had the latest OSX (it just died but was out of warranty)

Can I have the mac pro load the time machine image and use the software. The software I am concerned with is Aperture 2, Paralles 3, ms windows xp, word 2008, excell 2008, and rapidweaver. I have licenses for each, but with the dead macbook I am afraid I may have to repurchase.
No, you will not have to repurchase. If the MacBook Pro is unusable, you will not have to repurchase. The worst case scenario is that you will have to contact the companies for them to reactivate it. I have personally had to do this for Office 2007 and Windows XP, and had no issues. It was just an automated system.