Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Adobe Bridge will not open, refuses to launch. All other ...

Adobe Bridge will not open...
Adobe Bridge will not open, refuses to launch. All other Adobe CS3 programs open just fine. I've talked with Apple folks, problem not there.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2008
Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
What version of OS X are you using?

What is the model of the Mac you are using?

When did this start? (Were you ever able to open Adobe Bridge)
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: 10.5.4

IMac

A few days ago. I was just trying to open Bridge and noticed it was uber slow. Also, I noticed that some of the folders seemed to be missing. They did not appear on the scree, yet when I scrolled over their old location (the screen showed a blank space prior to the other folders that showed up just fine), SOMETIMES the image of the folder and the title would show, but when I tried to open a folder, it would not respond. I went into preferences, etc. but could not get anything to change. Indeed, different folders would appear as I scrolled over the "space." The folders and content could be opened through the hard drive and external drive, as I mentioned. I am particularly concerned as I need to store important metadata before I share some of these images.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Try this, it may work it may not:

When you open Bridge hold down the Command + Option + Shift

Choose "Reset Preferences" , "Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache", "Reset to Default Workspace"

If it doesn't work let me know and I will further research this issue.
Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Thanks. Weird. I remembered that I'd tried that the other day several times, after going into some forums, and it didn't work. I couldn't even get the box with options to show up. Much appreciated. Have a great day, Aggie.
Quay

An, I'll hit the Accept button. Just wanted you to receive feedback on your good work.
Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius