Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an Intel-core duo processor Imac with Boot Camp ...

I have an Intel-core duo...
I have an Intel-core duo processor Imac with Boot Camp installed running Windows XP. Recently, I have been experiencing the Blue Screen of Death. I keep getting the following message:                           
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer. In particular, run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters.

Disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers. Disable or remove any newly installed software. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)    Any ideas what this could be?
Answered in 1 day by:
7/7/2008
Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer

Could you tell us what antivirus you are running on your XP install?

Thanks

Reply to Claws224's Post: I am running Norton's AntiVirus
I am also running a registry cleaner program and I keep getting the following error even after it says it's been cleaned:

The key HELPDIR under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{DE54081F-08ED-44AE-AE80-13DEAA19A44A}\0.0 is empty

What is this and can I just go in and delete this manually?

Ok,

There is a known issue with norton Internet security not handling files correctly which can cause a BSOD on parallels and Bootcamp installs.

So could you try uninstalling Norton and seeing if it behaves itself for the next 24hrs or so.

Thanks

I will try uninstalling this and see what happens.

Ok,

Just let me know tomorrow or whenever how you get on, If that works then you may wish to try the free version of AVG antivirus instead of Norton http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-trial

Thanks