Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an imac os x 10.4.11 tiger. It will not recognize my ...

Customer Question
I have an imac os...
I have an imac os x 10.4.11 tiger. It will not recognize my kodak dc4800 digital camera. What can i do? I just checked my system to see if the usb port was recognizing it and it say yes. But image capture is not recognizing it at all.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
7/6/2008
Mac Support Specialist: RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer replied 9 years ago
RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Have you tried updating the firmware?

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ekn006609.jhtml?operatingSystem=mac_os_x_10_4_x&downloadLanguage=en

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Sorry i didn't get back w/ you i was asleep and this morning i went to church. Yes I did try downloading the firmware but nothing happened. Was there anything with the download i was suppose to do? I opened it but that didn't help. This is so frustrating!!! Do you know of anything else to do?For some reason the camera won't show up on the desktop.
Has this camera worked before with your Mac?

Do you have another Mac you could test it on?
Reply to RoeIncarnate's Post: Yes, this is the same computer (imac) i have used for 10 years or so. I updated the software and memory. the camera worked with the old OS 9.0 but the tiger is not or image capture or Kokak easy share is not acknowledging it. I check the usb port thru the computer and the usb port recognizes it, but software isn't. I did use a card reader with the OS 9.0 but i lost it and i am trying to hook up the kodak via usb port. I don't have another mac i sold my ibook :0(. Do you have any ideas at all. Is there a way to make the computer recognize it. All the info i have read says it should be able to communicate with imac os x 10.4? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spend literally hours trying to figure this out. Yikes....
Does it work if you start iPhoto?
I think I would recommend that you buy a compact flash card reader and use it to get the pictures.

It looks like your camera is so old (~year 2000) that OS X doesn't support it.

However you can take the card out of the camera and use a card reader and that should work. Personally I use a card reader with my Canon because it is faster.

You can find cheap card readers on eBay.

RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer