Long Paper (3+ pages)

Ask a Long Paper (3+ pages) Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Lori. I have an analysis paper to write. It was due 2 days…

Customer Question
I have an analysis...

I have an analysis paper to write

Tutor's Assistant: The Writing Tutor can help you get an A on your paper. Is there anything else the Writing Tutor should be aware of?

It was due 2 days ago

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
5/29/2018
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Hi

May I help you?

Hello I’m still waiting on a response from the other writer
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

ok

Are you going to assist me because she hasn’t
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Yes

Please post the complete details (is there a required minimum number of pages? Is there a required format?)

I gave all of this to the other writer, how can I get my money back?
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

I think you are now talking/negotiating with another expert,

Just kindly choose one of us.

The other person just stopped responding. How can I get my money back ?
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Ah ok, just kindly reply to that post,

"Please close this post and please refund, thanks"

and I will be the one to close the post once you post that you wanted to refund on that.

Please close this post and please refund, thanks
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago
just kindly reply to that post,"Please close this post and please refund, thanks" and I will be the one to close the post once you post that you wanted to refund on that.
Please close this post and please refund
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi

not on this post, on the other post, (the other post where the other expert is not responding)

If you are going to close this one, how can I help you? (the other post, the expert is not anymore replying to your post, that is the one you need to close) ok?

Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Instructions
Argument Analysis Paper

Read the following two essays on drug policy (both of which have been placed on E Reserve for this course):

Gore Vidal, “Drugs” (originally published in the New York Times, 1970)

A. M. Rosenthal, “The Case for Slavery” (originally pub. in New York Times, 1989)

Note that each author uses his essay to make an argument about drug policy in the US. Choose one of these two arguments—either the one advanced by Vidal or the one advanced by Rosenthal--and compose an essay in which you discuss the argument, analyzing and critiquing both its content and its form.

Note: You’re not being asked to make an argument of your own here. Your assignment is to analyze an argument put forth by one of these two authors.

In order to do this, you must pay close attention to the “what” and the “how” dimensions of the argument you have chosen. “What” in this sense means the content of the argument you have chosen—what the author claims, what his essay is about. “How” means the moves, strategies and techniques of persuasion deployed in the argument—how it works, how it is constructed, how it functions rhetorically.

In your paper, you should do the following four things:

1. Briefly summarize the argument. (Put the “what” in a nutshell.)

2. Describe the manner in which the argument is put forth. (Trace out the “how.”)

3. Analyze the argument. (Examine the reasoning and rhetoric closely.)

4. Evaluate the argument. (Point out its strongest and weakest feature; suggest a next step.)

For further suggestions on how you might approach the tasks listed above, see Additional Resources, below.

(Also, bear in mind that the assignment is due at the end of week 9; in the next module--module 8--we will cover more topics, such as rhetoric and persuasion, which are pertinent to this assignment.)

You should refrain from using outside sources for this paper. However, you should feel free to draw on sources we have read for class. If you’re writing about Vidal, you might get a useful insight or piece of information from Rosenthal, or vice versa. In addition, there is background material provided by the readings for our course which have addressed the overall topic of argumentation and persuasion.

Wherever you draw on a source, you must cite the source, using MLA style. (Note: a handy guide to MLA citation style is posted at the SNL website. Just go to http://www.snl.depaul.edu/current/resources.asp and click on Writing Resources. Then open the document “Using Sources and Writing Research Papers at SNL”.)

This paper should be double-spaced, with 1” margins all around. It should be around 4-5 pages (or about 1,000 to 1,250) words long.

Submit your paper in the Assignments area of the course website.

Make sure that your last name is ***** ***** the file name, e..g., JonesArgumentAnalysis.doc

This paper is due at the end of week 9.

Argument Analysis Paper

Is this the question?

It was, but I’ve posted my request to close and refund
Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

I have already closed the other post (you see, you can not reply on that post anymore, refund process is on its way)

Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Kindly accept the offer below, Thanks

Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Do you still need help on this?

Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

Do you still need help on this?

Writer: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 months ago

?