judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Journal Entry 13: Evaluating Your Sources Describe when it’s

Customer Question

Journal Entry 13: Evaluating Your Sources Describe when it’s appropriate to use sources in an essay. Why is it important to differentiate between facts, opinions, and bias when choosing sources for your research? (Minimum 2 paragraphs, 6-8 sentences each) Required Journal Entry 14: Organizing Your Information Describe: Review pages 586–591 and 595–596 in Successful College Writing. Describe at least two ways to organize your information effectively. Choose the method that would work best for you and explain why. (Minimum 2 paragraphs, 6 sentences each) Reflect: Take a look back to your response to Journal Entry 10. Briefly describe what counts as plagiarism. When is it appropriate to cite information? What information doesn’t need to be cited? (Minimum 1 paragraph, 6–8 sentences) Required Journal Entry 15: Using Your Sources Responsibly Review the definitions of direct quotation, paraphrase, and summary in Chapters 23 and 24 in Successful College Writing. In your own words, define these terms. Then explain the most effective use of each of these three types of sources. (Minimum 2 paragraphs, 6–8 sentences each) 12 July 2017 06:13 Required Journal Entry 16: Planning Your Argument Study the argument essay topics on page 184 in your study guide and choose your topic for your argument. This journal entry will help you begin to plan, research, and organize your paper. Please note that both topics are very broad, so you should narrow your chosen topic appropriately to suit your purpose and interest as well as the research and length requirements. Use the Journal Entry 16 Argument Essay Outline Worksheet to help you complete this entry. Review “The Basic Parts of an Argument” on pages 501–507 in your textbook. Once you’ve chosen your topic and identified your issue, you need to develop support. According to your text, the three common types of support for an argument are “reasons, evidence, and emotional appeals.” Follow the process outlined below: I. State your claim A. Identify the type of claim (fact, value or policy). B. Explain your purpose or goal for your research paper. II. Identify your reasons A. Reason 1 B. Reason 2 C. Reason 3 III. Start your research to develop support for your claim (provide at least two examples of each): A. Support your reasons with evidence 1. Facts* 2. Statistics* 3. Expert opinions* 4. Examples* 5. Personal Experiences English Composition178 B. Identify your emotional appeals 1. Appeal to needs 2. Appeal to values * Cite your sources using MLA citation and documentation format (that is, parenthetical citations and a list of works cited). To research effectively and efficiently, use the Expanded Academic ASAP database in Penn Foster’s digital library. Required Journal Entry 17: Recognizing Your Opposition Identify: Identify and define the three ways you can recognize opposing views in your argument. In your own words, explain why it’s valuable to include the opposition in your essay. (Minimum 1 paragraph, 6 sentences) Reflect: Read William Safire’s essay “Abolish the Penny” on page 541 in your textbook and review the graphic organizer on pages 543. In your opinion, does acknowledging his opposition strengthen or weaken Safire’s argument? Explain. (Minimum 1 paragraph, 6 sentences) Required Journal Entry 18: Course Reflection Reflect: Review your journal, starting with your first entry and the learning inventory. Reflect on how knowing who you are as a learner has helped you with the course activities. Consider your progress as a writer through each journal entry and essay. How has your writing changed since you started the course? Identify the improvements you’ve made and the skills you still need to practice. (3 paragraphs, 6 sentences each) Evaluate: What goals did you set for yourself at the beginning of this course? Did you accomplish everything you hoped? Explain what you would have done differently, and describe the approach to writing you’ll use in your future assignments. (2 paragraphs, 6 sentences each)

Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Grace replied 3 months ago.

I may be able to help. Please let me know the due date.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Due by the 14th
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need entries 1-6
And entries 7-12 too
I pay extra bonus
Expert:  Grace replied 3 months ago.

You have posted a question which starts with journal entry 13. Do you need all the entries from 1-6, 7-12 and 13-16 ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
all the entries
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you post awnser. 13-18 first than I post the next question
Expert:  Grace replied 3 months ago.

Hi, when is your deadline for this ?

Expert:  Grace replied 3 months ago.

I am sending an offer for premium service. By accepting the offer, we shall be able to communicate privately through email.