Kelyn1
Kelyn1, Reading Specialist
Experience:  20+ years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author
20214394

Http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/500920.pdf#page=131

http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/500920.pdf#page=131

Thanks for asking. At this time I will need to opt out of the question. Judy

Hi. My name is ***** ***** Judy asked me to take a look at your question. Could you be more specific as to what you need? What you sent is a study guide which encompasses many different questions.

Thanks,

Bethany Robertson

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The project is within the study guide on page 129-132
Topic: Analyze the use of figurative language in a song
 You’ll develop your essay from the outline or graphic
organizer you wrote for your previous assignment. Don’t
switch your topic; use your instructor’s feedback to
refine your ideas and to write your essay.
Purpose: To write a 1,200–1,500 word essay that analyzes
the figurative language and literary devices in a song to show
how those elements contribute to the song’s appeal to its audience.
Audience: Junior and senior-level distance education students
enrolled at Penn Foster College
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see why you are confused...I sent the wrong link
http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/500920.pdf#page=109page 129
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please let me know if you can access the correct link...I am so sorry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is the Prewriting:
Literary Analysis page 123
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Purpose: To show how the song’s use of figurative language
contributes to its appeal to its listeners
Method:
 To prepare an outline or graphic organizer that will
serve as the foundation for a 1,200–1,500 word essay.......................page 123....sorry for all the confusion

I've actually done this one a couple of times before. I should warn you that the professor is very picky and it normally takes several tries to get the outline approved. Sometimes this involves a matter of weeks rather than days. It is NOT a speedy process. It also requires a great deal of research. I offer two revisions free of charge as long as they do not require an entire change of focus (which with this professor HAS happened) or a major rewrite. The outline, not counting the reference page of course, usually turns out to be 5-6 pages as the professor wants it to be VERY detailed. Because of the length, difficulty, and extensive research involved, the value I charge for this project is $140. It's showing on my side that you have paid in $60 already. Is that correct? If so, that would be an increase of $80 which we would handle through a Premium Services message . Let me know if that is acceptable and we can talk further about the project.

Bethany

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am fine with the price. However, there is a follow up assignment regarding the same topic which is the first project that I sent you by accident. Would you be able to do that one also after I get her feedback from the one you are going to do now? I would love for you to be able to do both since you will already have experience with the topic.

Yes, I can do the essay as well. The value runs at $170 and, as with the outline, I offer the two revisions free of charge as long as they do not require an entire change of focus or a major rewrite. Be aware, though, that the professor is just as picky about the essay as she is about the outline. Expect revisions to be required. Once we have the outline approved, the essay would need to be posted as a separate project addressed directly to me.

Did you already have a song in mind or would you like me to research a bit to find one? I try to do a different song for each client.

Bethany

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok that sounds great, thanks...I do not have a song in mind so whatever works best for you. Thank you so much for your hard work.

You're welcome. I'll do a bit of research on songs and let you know what I come up with!

Bethany

Hi. I wanted to get back with you on the songs. I've found "Wordplay" by Jason Mraz and "Firework" by Katy Perry. Do you have a preference or should I just pick one to go with?

Bethany

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No preference, you can pick. Thanks for checking.

Sounds good. After having done a bit more research over the last couple of days, I will probably go with "Firework." Not only does it have a myriad of figurative language and symbolisms, it's also a great song!!

Bethany

Hi, I have the outline ready. I'll send over the premium services message for the additional $80 we discussed. That will also allow you to send me your e-mail so I can deliver it to you privately. All you need to do is click "accept," leave a positive rating, and input your e-mail in the box provided! The system will show me your e-mail (This sometimes takes a bit so don't be surprised if it isn't immediate) and I can get your document to you! Once we have this approved (or revised and approved as the case will probably be, LOL) I'll ask you to post the essay question addressed to me. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let me send the premium message and get your doc. to you.

Bethany

Oh, I almost forgot. JA requires that we charge a $5 fee every time the e-mail service is used so the actual total you will see will be $85. Sorry, rules.

Kelyn1, Reading Specialist
Experience: 20+ years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author

Hi, I just sent the document. Look it over in detail please and make sure you like it. Once we have it approved we can move on to the essay. Let me know when you hear back from your prof.

Bethany

I've taken another look at the guide you sent me and there is literally NOTHING in it that mentions the song Firework, much less uses it as an example. I searched both manually and by keyword search. Is she perhaps referring to the textbook??

If we want to start a new thread, you would have to be the one to do it. I can't do that from my side. At any rate, I'll start hunting for a different song. I'll let you know what I find. If you could text your professor and find out exactly where she is referring to the example being and send me that information along with the example, it would help.

Thanks,

Bethany

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not see it in the textbook either. I will call tomorrow morning and get some more details.

Thank you, ***** ***** know what you find out. I'll hold off on starting a new document for the project until we hear back from your professor.

Bethany

I have the revised document ready but I am uncertain whether or not the system will let me send another premium services message on this thread. I may need you to re-post the re-write as a separate question addressed specifically to me Let me give this a try first.

Bethany

No, it's not going to allow it. Could you please post the rewrite as a new question? Simply put "To Bethany Only" at the beginning of the subject line of the question. If another expert responds before me (which does happen) simply let them know that you are waiting for me and ask them to opt out. If they do not opt out I will not be able to see the question!! I will be on the lookout for the new post.

Bethany

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I created another question

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions