David L.
David L., Writer
Experience:  20+ years writing research, tech, white papers, and more
13852270

ATTN: You are a cybersecurity analyst on a security team at

ATTN ***** *****:
You are a cybersecurity analyst on a security team at Red Cell 637 Defense, a DoD contractor specializing in cyber operations and defensive strategies.High-ranking federal government officials informed your team that recent intelligence shows an advanced persistent threat (APT) is looking at exploiting supply chain vulnerabilities against the computers that operate the Western Interconnection power grid. You are to assume that this APT originates from either a well-funded nation state or terrorist group. The APT has been able to probe and map the network over the course of several months. The officials have given your team access to classified intelligence indicating that the currently unidentified group may be planning to install malicious malware within the grid’s computer network that will disrupt power to eleven states.Your team has been asked to work closely with the DoD, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and other federal stakeholders to strengthen the security and safety of the power grid and its related computer information systems.The federal agencies responsible for critical infrastructure protection want to ensure that the Western Interconnection power grid computer network has the strongest possible defense while ensuring continued operation. They formally request that your team analyze common vulnerabilities in SCADA networks such as the western power connection grid, and then apply the Cyber Kill Chain to determine how this adversary could have exploited the vulnerabilities to attack the network. In addition, you will utilize the NSA’s information assurance–based “Defense in Depth” strategy as it relates to the power grid’s computer networks to make recommendations for implementing stronger information assurance measures and actions. You will compose a report with graphics, detailing your recommendations for securing the network against future cyberattacks.

Hi, I'm Greg. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the professionals here at Justanswer.

I see that you have requested a specific professional. If you start to reach a deadline, let us know so we can see if someone else can assist.

However, I fully understand if you wish to continue to wait for your chosen professional.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Greg,I made the request for Chris because his work was second to none, and he didn't charge me an arm and a leg in the past. So I'm willing to try this one with you if you're confident on the subject and can successfully complete the assignment based on the information that I provide you?

My name is***** see that Chris has not yet responded. I have extensive cyber-security experience so could help you with this assignment if Chris is still unavailable.

If you would like me to start work on it I will need to know the required length and format of the report and the due date.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello David,The required length would be in the(###) ###-####word range as long as each specific requirement has been thoroughly answered.The format would be APA style.And for initial review, I would like to set an end date of 12/8?I have the documentation to base the responses from as well.

Sounds good.

Also, the scenario mentions diagrams. I can create diagrams of the defense in-depth solution however was wondering if there is a specific diagram or set of diagrams I should be using as a basis?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Chris, this is actually the requirements based on the scenario:ICS Vulnerabilities and Cyber Kill Chain
1. Reconnaissance - Summarize plausible active gathering, passive gathering, and active reconnaissance techniques that the adversary could have executed to gain intelligence on the target in the scenario.
2. Weaponization and Delivery - Explain how the adversary could use the exploited intelligence to create a malicious payload, including plausible delivery methods of the payload to the target.
3. Exploitation and Installation - Describe the series of events that could occur during the exploitation and installation of a malicious payload, including where the payload could be delivered on the network to accomplish the adversary’s goals as described in the scenario.
4. Command & Control - Create a visual representation of channels through which an adversary could use tools to exploit a compromised network and create an “at will” entry point for sending and receiving information. Be sure to clearly indicate each component represented in your visual.
5. Actions - Describe how the adversary is likely collecting and exfiltrating information from the Western Interconnection power grid, including how that information could be used to successfully execute an attack.
B. “Defense in Depth” Recommendations
1. People - Recommend information assurance policies or procedures specific to the facilities and personnel security that control and monitor access to facilities and critical infrastructures for the Western Interconnection power grid. Be sure to explain how each policy and procedure will raise information assurance levels.
2. Technology – Recommend technology acquisition policies or procedures that the Western Interconnection power grid should use to detect and protect against cyberattacks. Be sure to explain how these policies or procedures will raise information assurance levels.
3. Operations - Recommend policies or procedures to sustain security posture for the Western Interconnection power grid on a day-to-day basis. Be sure to explain how these policies or procedures will raise information assurance levels.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, this is the first paragraph to the assignment in the previous message:You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.

Ok, thanks for the additional info. I will start work on it.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great!

Just letting you know that I am working on completing the report now.

Thanks,

David.

Please click the link below to download the report:

click here

Thanks,

David.

Just checking to find out if you were able to download the report successfully.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry, I haven't checked in, in a few days.
I'm checking the link now

Ok thanks. Please let me know when you download the report successfully.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got it, and I'm happy with the results.
Now, I actually have another one that I've completed but it was kicked back to me for a revision. Once payment has been made to you for this project, I was willing to offer $125 for the project that I'm referencing which is actually the first task to the project you just completed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ahh, you'll no longer be working with me?

Ok, sounds great. Just post the new question and request me when you need me to start work on it.

Thanks!

David L., Writer
Experience: 20+ years writing research, tech, white papers, and more

Related Long Paper (3+ pages) Questions