Kelyn1
Kelyn1, Reading Specialist
Experience:  20+ years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author
20214394

Kelyn, Can you help with this: 1) Charting the Course:

Customer Question

Hi Kelyn,
Can you help with this: 1) Charting the Course: Social Studies WebQuest (e-Portfolio Assignment)
a) Social Studies WebQuest:
i) Choose a specific grade and concepts from the Social Studies Standards. Select one particular concept from each of the following social studies strands.
ii) Social Studies Strands:
(1) American History
(2) World History
(3) Civics/Government
(4) Geography
(5) Economics
iii) To assist with the completion of the benchmark, visit the Arizona Department of Education’s Social Studies Standards page at:
iv) http://www.azed.gov/standards-practices/social-studies-standard/
v) Access the Web site Zunal.com to construct your Web Quest. For examples of completed Web Quests visit the Web Quest home page at: http://webquest.org/index.php. Design a 5-day WebQuest that could be used to teach and assess one particular concept from each of the social studies strands listed above.
(1) Account for the following lesson plan components:
(a) Required resources and materials.
(b) Strategies for integrating language arts, where applicable.
(c) Strategies for teaching applicable social studies vocabulary.
(d) Hands-on learning experiences.
(e) A minimum of 7 pages designed within the WebQuest Web site.
(f) Differentiated instruction.
b) Reflection Essay
i) Write a 1,250–1,500 word reflection on why you think the WebQuest you have devised represents best practices for teaching social studies and how your mentor teachers’ practices influenced your design.
ii) APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
iii) Provide your instructor with access to your Web Quest. You may send the instructor the URL or you may make your Web Quest a PDF and attach it to the reflection.
c) Complete the Practicum Placement Form and Observation and Activity Log, located in the Practicum Manual.
d) Submit the WebQuest assignment, both practicum documents and your reflection essay, as the Benchmark Assessment to the instructor by the end of Module 8.
e) Additionally, submit the assignment in TaskStream. Directions for submitting to TaskStream can be found on the College of Education’s page in the Student Success Center.
Category: Long Paper (3+ pages)
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the request. When is this one due?
Bethany
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is due Monday at 7pm. Is that good?

Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I already have one on Monday. Tuesday would be better if that is possible?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is good!
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
Great! I'll be back with you by Tuesday.
Bethany
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
I needed to let you know that I've been extremely ill all night and into today. As a result I've only been able to work on this a little. I hate to ask for extensions, but would Wednesday be soon enough to have this to you?Bethany
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wednesday at 5pm EST? It that good
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
That should be fine. Thank you for understanding!Bethany
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I've tried several times to log on to the zunal site with the info. you sent me and it just keeps telling me that I need to log in...which I just tried to do. Could you send your info again. Maybe there was a typo?Bethany
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
login: lenardb3
password: Lb733d43!Just check and I logged in just fine.
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
That got it, thanks! I have everything written for the quest, now I just have to copy it over to zunal and work on the reflection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
The webquest is complete if you would like to go take a look!! :-) I'll begin working on the reflection shortly...I have to get my girls supper first!Bethany
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** at it when I get home.
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
Done with the reflection and it will be on it's way to you shortly. I will post this as the "answer" so you can rate. Bethany
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 2 years ago.
Just checking to make sure you got the document and that everything is alright with it? Please let me know if you need anything more from me. Bethany