Long Paper (3+ pages)

Ask a Long Paper (3+ pages) Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Long Paper (3+ pages)

Due friday Write an essay of(NNN) NNN-NNNNwords in which you discuss

Due friday Write an essay of(NNN)...
Due friday
Write an essay of(NNN) NNN-NNNNwords in which you discuss the following:

1. Diagnosis of developmental disabilities, early intervention priorities, educational programs, services for the young exceptional learner, and transitional programs and procedures for young students with disabilities

2. Strengths and weaknesses in the assessments and interventions used in early childhood special education and suggestions for improvements

3. Transitional programs for young students with special needs and outcomes expected from these programs

Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found
9/23/2013
Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Good morning,

I would be happy to assist you with the information that you require. In addition to being an expert on the site, I am also a full time professor.

I would be happy to work with you on this assignment and to have this to you on Thursday so that you can meet your deadline. Please let me know if you would like me to begin working on this for you.

Thank you kindly,
LisaSmile
That would be great.
Thank you for getting back to me.

I will have this completed and posted for you on Thursday.

Have a great evening,
LisaKiss
Good morning Damariz,

I just wanted you to know that I am in the process of finishing your essay and I will have it posted shortly.Smile

Lisa

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested.

Developmental Disabilities, Students, and Education ---(Total word count of 852 words, in addition to references )

In today’s society, there are many children who are diagnosed with having some type of a developmental disability. Many questions arise for parents when they realize that their child has a developmental disability. Most often, the first question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX types of services are available, how will this impact my child’s education. When a child has a developmental disability, this effects not only the child, but the parents, the teachers, and medical specialists.

The first step in being able to help a child, both at home, and in school, is to have any developmental disabilities correctly diagnosed. The term developmental disability is a broad term. One of the commonly accepted definitions for this term comes from the Centers for Disease Control, “Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas. These conditions begin during the developmental period, may impact day to day functioning, and usually last through a person’s lifetime.”(Therapy2000) There are several different forms of developmental disabilities, such as ADHD, Autism, vision impairment and intellectual disabilities.

Early intervention is key in helping any child who has been diagnosed with any type of developmental disability. Early intervention is a specific type of service that helps babies and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities. The priority of early intervention services is being able to help the child learn the basic skills that usually develop within the first three years of a child’s life. These skills include physical, cognitive, communication, social and emotional and self help skills. There are educational programs that are available for early childhood education. These programs offer formal teachings of the young children that is conducted outside of the home. It is important to mention that the National Association for the Education of young children states that this occurs before a child reaches eight years old.

There are services that are available for the young exceptional learner. It is important for parents to talk with their child’s doctor and teacher to be aware of what services are available so that the child may begin to benefit from such services. The service that is best suited for the young exceptional learner depends on the areas that need addressed. For example, if a child has a particular reading impairment, then he or she would receive service that address the major components of reading, such as phonic decoding, fluency, vocabulary, spelling and composition.

Another type of service that is available for students with developmental disabilities are transitional programs and procedures. Transitional planning begins in school and is required by law to help prepare students for the transition from the world of school to the world of adulthood. “The transitional services themselves are a coordinated set of activities that are based on the student’s needs and that take into account his or her preferences and interests.”(Dragoo) It is important to understand that transitional services and procedures occur at all stages of a child’s life and education. There are transitional services to help children during the process from preschool to kindergarden and throughout their levels of education. Procedures are established that helps the child, regardless of their age or disability prepare for a transitional phases where things in their life will be changing.

As with any assessment and intervention that is used in early childhood special education program their are both strengths and weaknesses. One of the most common strength in the assessments and interventions that are used in early childhood special education program is that the interventions and accommadations are specifically tailored to the needs of the child. In addition, your child will have an Individualized Educational Plan, commonly referred to as an IEP, that states what your child’s special needs are along with recommendations and goals for the future. This brings forth one of the major weaknesses of assessments and interventions that are used in early childhood special education programs, and that is that many children are labeled or classified according to their disability. This brings a stigma that the child can carry with them as they get older. One suggestion for improvement would be to change the way in which a child is identified. Rather than labeling a child with a specific condition, an IEP that is general in categories, such as strengths, weaknesses, short term and long term goals would provide all necessary information for the teachers, parents, and doctors, without labeling a child with a condition. It is important to understand that assessments results are what direct the intervention or specialized services. This is necessary in order to have a clear understanding from all concerned parties, such as medical specialist. The fact that the assessments are so thorough is a strength.

Years ago, when a child was diagnosed with a developmental disability there were less services, programs and resources available to help the child grow and become successful in school and in life. Today, there are an abundance of resources, services, and programs available to children with developmental disabilities. These services begin with early intervention programs and are available all the way through a child’s education from early childhood to adulthood. Once a child has been properly diagnosed, there is an abundance of resources available that enables any child with a developmental disability to be able to succeed in life and with their education.

References:

1. “Developmental Disability-What is it?” Therapy2000. December 7, 2012. https://www.t2000.com/what-is-a-developmental-disability/

2. Dragoo, Kyrie. “Transition Services for Children With Disabilities.” Education.com www.education.com>...>Special Education>Special Education Guidelines.

3. Wilmshurst, Linda and Alan W. Brue. “The Complete Guide to Special Education:Expert Advice on Evaluations, IEPs, and Helping Kids Succeed.” Jossey-Bass Publishers. September 14, 2010.

4. Graziano, Anthony. “Developmental Disabilities: Introduction to a Diverse Field.” Pearson Publishers. June 30, 2001.

It was a pleasure being able to assist you today.

Please remember to click one of the top three icons as that is the only way that I get paid.
Smile

I look forward to assisting you with future assignments. To request me, simply type, “For Lisa K.” before the question.

Have a great day,
Lisa
Smile
Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Hi Lisa
I just posted a new question on creating a matrix chart. You interested?
Lisa are you busy I posted new question
Utilize the hierarchical structure of Bloom's Taxonomy to design a 6-day unit plan overview in your content area. (Refer to Bloom's Taxonomy Wheel in Course and Topic 3 Materials.)Include for each day an objective, applicable teaching strategy, and appropriate assessment (formative and/or summative) that scaffold instruction in such a way it elicits higher order thinking from a diverse student population in a single classroom. In other words, demonstrate scaffolding the skills from one level to the next.Write a reflection of 250-500 words that explains how each of your chosen strategies progressively builds critical thinking skills along the spectrum of Bloom's Taxonomy and how your assessments elicit the critical thinking required at each level.While APA format is not required for this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelinesDue Friday Saturday by 10am at the latest
Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher