Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Having problem starting it some times, it will try to turn…

Customer Question
Having problem starting it...

Having problem starting it some times, it will try to turn the engine but stops before it starts. Sometimes I have to try it a few times before it will start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I replaced the battery few months back.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

ES350 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far I have replaced the battery but it is still acting up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost to talking to a mechanic?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

OK

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 2 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi there, how can I help you with this? did you want to know possible causes?

this is usually caused by a faulty fuel pump check valve or leaking fuel injector - basically something that allows fuel pressure to bleed off when the car is parked. This can be verified with a fuel pressure test where pressure is then monitored after the engine is shut off to determine if it is bleeding off or not.

if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

did you have additional questions?