Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

V, This Past December you helped me diagnose why my Lexus…

Customer Question
Good Evening Mike V, This Past...
Good Evening Mike V,
This Past December you helped me diagnose why my Lexus wouldn't start and thankfully it was identified that a ground wire was the issue. However the car still has issues and the most concerning at the moment would be the way that it idles. I've attached a video of the weird Idle and the dismay of vacuum lines.
Also apologies for the upside down video.
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Lexus
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Actually
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
https://youtu.be/oRmPPoZsM2Y
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Vacuum Lines immensely disorganized.
20180529_173837.jpg2018052...jpg20180529_173853.jpg2018052...jpg20180529_173919.jpg2018052...jpg20180529_174116.jpg2018052...jpg20180529_174116.jpg2018052...jpg20180529_174122.jpg2018052...jpg
Answered in 1 day by:
6/1/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 22 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I do still need help with this question, and if possible from the expert requested as well. Thank you.
Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 20 days ago
eric remington

H​ello I have repaired over 30000 vehicles in my career and I need to ask you questions since I am not there in person to gather facts, data, or to test your vehicle. I may ask you to perform testing in my stead. If testing is needed and you would rather not perform testing I can give my best advice.

Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 20 days ago

I​t looks like someone replaced the motor or cylinder head?

Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 20 days ago

W​ould you like a vacuum hose diagram? If so, let me know the Vehicle Identification Number please

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thank you for the response, I actually swapped engines in this car and, and made a mess of the vacuum lines. I also replaced the lower intake manifold gaskets, and now it idles very strangely. Where it turns over and rev's a little without me pressing on the accelerator then does. I'll attach a video of that. And here's the vin; JT8CH32Y0X1002246
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
https://youtu.be/iMVIP63TEQ4
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I have alot of tools at my disposal, but little mechanical experience, so anything you'd like to try to do in order to get this car running, is possible. Thank you again.
Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 19 days ago

d​o you have a scannrer

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I do have a scanner, and thank you for the discounted phone call offer but I'm not around the car at the moment. I will be the entire day tomorrow.
Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 19 days ago

ok sounds good I can call tomorrow...

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Are you still available at the moment to start diagnosing my idle issue?
-Thanks
Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

o​K HOOK UP SCANNER AND LET ENGINE WARM UP TELL ME HWAT CODES YOU HAVE THEN CLEAR THEM AND IN ANOTHER FIVE MINUTES TELL ME WHAT FUEL TRIMS ARE...ALL OF THEM

Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

DO ANY CODES COME BACK AFTER CLEARING?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you for the reply, how would I get a reading for the fuel trims?
-Thanks
Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 18 days ago

Y​our scanner or code reader may not have the capability to read data. If I had the fuel trims I could know whether or not you have issues with fuel trims . Have you repaired vacuum leaks yet?c

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I haven't repaired the vacuum leaks yet, which should I attempt first the vacuum leaks or letting it run and scanning it?
Lexus Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 17 days ago

i​f you have a scanner capable of reading data then you can get fuel trims which i need. Your fuel trims will be off if you have vacuum leaks. vacuum leaks must be fixed