Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Sudden onset whining/howling engine noise. 2004 Lexus es330.

Customer Question
Sudden onset whining/howling engine...

Sudden onset whining/howling engine noise. 2004 Lexus es330

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic transmission. 20,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Lexus?

Es 330

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

We're not fixing it ourselves. Don't have that skill

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Sometimes a wheel bearing will cause this type of noise. Take the car for a test drive and weave back and forth in the lane. If the sound gets louder and softer then we know it's a wheel bearing. If there isn't any change, it may be the transmission itself, but most of the time it's just one of the wheel bearings.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and membership questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.

Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?