Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I am trying to help car wash operators properly set up Lexus…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I am...

Hi Pearl. I am trying to help car wash operators properly set up Lexus vehicles for automatic car washes. I cannot find owner's manual information on how Lexus wants you to set the various safety systems (forward collision control, transmission in neutral etc. If there a set of instructions for setting your Lexus for a car wash?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Lexus. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No -- that is all -- thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 2 days by:
4/5/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Walt -- Yes. I would like an answer. I paid money to get one. I am simply looking for a list of steps to properly set up Lexus cars for automatic car washes.
When can I expect an answer to my question?
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 4 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me to assist you. What type of car wash is this? A wash that pulls the vehicles down a lane? Please explain. Thanks

A fully automatic tunnel wash where the driver is not in the car. Car washes are experiencing problems with "automatic shift to PARK" transmissions and ADAS technology like forward collision avoidance and lane keep assist. As the car is placed in neutral and a car wash employee opens the door to vacuum the car as it rolls toward the wash, the transmission shifts itself into park. Most owner's manuals have information on how to deactivate systems for car washes but Lexus and Toyota make it hard to access that information if you do not own one of their vehicles. We want to know what Lexus and Toyota recommend as a proper car wash set up for their vehicles so we can inform car wash operators the proper steps to take.

The Toyota and Lexus vehicles that have shift levers do not 'shift themselves into park".

One thing that is of the utmost concern. If the vehicle is pulled down the tunnel via a hook/track mechanism, the hook can grab the Constant velocity joint rubber boot and slice it. This would cause the grease in the CV joint to be lost, ultimately causing the need for a replacement CV joint.

I am asking for the list of instructions that Lexus provides owners to set their cars up for a car wash -- not just transmission information. Thanks

Have the attendant turn off the Dynamic Cruise Control. This is done by pressing the end of the cruise control stalk on the right side of the steering wheel. Ensure that the Dynamic Cruise Control indicator is turned off in the middle screen between the gauges

thanks

You are very welcome. Thanks for choosing Just Answer!