Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Removed relay hot wired it but the starter just turn over…

Customer Question
Removed relay hot wired...

Removed relay hot wired it but the starter just turn over but wont start car

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Yes.about 200,00

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Lexus?

1990 ls 400

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS 400 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes a new battery new starter relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but i dont have any money left on my card to pay for information

Mechanic's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I dont have any money left, i just bought the car

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
when i turn the key i get nothing now my dome light nor front lights are working. before all of this i lost my keys the window was down i got in the car. and started to dis connect the factory stereo that dont work.. to put another one in . it still started . went to car wash then it never started. it doesnt turn over through ignition. but it turn over if i loop the relay position
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you got a test light and or muti-meter so we can do some tests and check some fuses?