Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

ES 350 2008. bought new. A very nice car, but with a

Customer Question
ES(###) ###-#### bought new...

ES(###) ###-#### bought new. A very nice car, but with a mysterious foible. Car is parked with all windows up and sun roof closed. Then when we come back to it later, all four windows are all the way down and the skylight is open. this happened a couple of times per year in the first few years so we did nothing about it, but now (52,000 miles) it is happening more often. any other reports of this? If so, can anything be done?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've done nothing myself. I wouldn't know where to begin, and I have discussed with a Lexus service manager. Up to now, it has been only a minor annoyance.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
4/2/2018
Lexus Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 3 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon have you had the key remote checked ?? we have had issues where the remote will fail internal and activate this feature and cause the issue you are having

No button on the. remote will do this.
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

I kinda think it's the interrogation relay but would like to confirm this by looking at our wiring diagrams first and get back to you tomorrow evening if that's ok with you?

My first communication (written) clearly and completely described the problem. I don't see the point in presenting the same information orally. The suggestion that I spend an additional $26 to do so makes me think your program is a racket. To make me think otherwise, just answer my question: Is there any record of this problem in other ES 350s, and if there is, what has been done about it.

poor name selection it will be the main body ecu that controls all those functions. this is the fault part. If you wish I can supply you with the location and part number.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.