Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I was driving my mothers 2006 lexus GS430 on the highway and…

Customer Question
I was driving my...

I was driving my mothers 2006 lexus GS430 on the highway and I just had the car serviced and had the tires rotated. I was doing some freeway driving, which hasnt been done in years, and the tire indicator light and the red warning exclamation light came on. I am assuming that they are related but not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Unfortunately no

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Lexus Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '06 Lexus?

GS430 Thank you!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I has just happened yesterday so I parked the car and it is now sitting on the street. I havent tried anything yet other that noting that the tires seems to be properly inflated

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER replied 4 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the mechanic reprogram the tire pressure sensors, after rotating them?

Not sure, but I would assume not. Can you guide me through the process?

Anytime the tires are rotated, the sensor has to be calibrated, this requires a special tool to do, most tires shops have these, you need to take it back to whoever rotated them and this done,Tim