Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The gear on my Lexus 2000 rx300 won't shift. 2000. Rx300. I…

Customer Question
The gear on my...

The gear on my Lexus 2000 rx300 won't shift

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Lexus?

Rx300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to put the e brake on turn the key to acc and hit the hit the over drive button near the lever started the car back up it shift pick up speed and then don't pick up speed at all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/31/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

No I haven't solve it yet
Lexus Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

Well this here sound like transmission ,low fluid, internal line pressure low ,Torque converter pump . you need to drain fluid and check for any small metal shavings ,if found it will need rebuild ,if none found then you replace and retest , if you fluid low it will slip like that ,now if the fluid was clean and replaced still same issue then the electronics needs scanned to see if trans valve body, solenoid or sensor or tcm module causing this issue by using a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.