Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Why does the air conditioner fans come on and stay on when…

Customer Question
Why does the air...

Why does the air conditioner fans come on and stay on when you start the car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

It is a LS 400, 1990

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LS 400 yourself? What have you tried so far?

He has tried nothing as of yet. He has disconnected the fans.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you. That is it for now

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Lexus
3/30/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 23 days ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Can you please clarify? Are you stating that the electric fans come on even though the air conditioning isn't on? Air conditioning actuate's the fans anytime it's on, and if you have the windshield defrost on no matter if the temperature is set to hot or cold, the air conditioning will also be on. If you are saying that the fans come on even if you don't have the blower motor on at all and the heating or air conditioning system is turned completely off then we may need to do some diagnosis.On some vehicles if there is a cooling system malfunction like a faulty coolant temp sensor somewhere it can cause the fan to run all the time.Do the fans continue to run even after shutting the car off?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the air conditioner fans stay on whether the air conditioner is on or off. They come on as soon as you turn the key. The fans shut off as soon as you turn off the key. The fans are on when the air conditioning /heater is on and when it is off.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Danny are you looking into this for us?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Danny we are awaiting more info from you
lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech