Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The VSC Check light is on and I lost control on the road…

Customer Question
Second opinion] The VSC...

Second opinion] The VSC Check light is on and I lost control on the road today making a 360 on the free way. Thankfully I was not hit nor hurt

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

Took it twice to Auto Zone and they found nothing register when they connected their gadget

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2008, IS 250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just bought off this dude who initially said it had to do with the 2 front tyres and once changed, the VSC Check light would clear. I've changed both tyres(new) did alignment and balancing still the light is there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all. Im waiting for a response. $5 has been taken from my account. Why is it asking that I update my account

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/29/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

I saw that you requested me for a second opinion on your particular problem but I'm not sure how I can help you. What specifically is your question regarding this issue? Did you check for malfunction codes in the VSC computer using the jumper wire method in the diagnostic port? Do you how to do that?

My original question? " The VSC Check Light is on my 2008 IS 250 Lexus I just bought off a dude. The fellow told me all I had to do was replace the 2 front tyres which I've done but still the VSC Check Light is on. I did alignment and wheel balancing still the VSC Check Light remains on?
I'm not gonna work on it myself....I just want to know what I'm dealing with and possible cost to rectify this VSC Check Light issue. Tnx for the phone call suggestion.

The phone consultation is computer-generated and automatically sent to you as a possible option to resolve the issue. If you're not interested in at just disregard the messages. Here's the bot***** *****ne we need to know what the codes are that are setting the VSC light to come on. Tires would have nothing to do with that. If an alignment was done and the front toe was way off and they adjust the toe and didn't compensate the steering angle sensor correctly or recalibrate the zero point calibration system that could cause the VSC light to come on. However if the light was on prior to any of this being done it's not likely that those were the issue. More than likely there's something going on with one of the wheel speed sensors or possibly the zero point calibration itself is not calibrated correctly.. I can give you a procedure and you can pull the codes from the computer using a jumper wire in the diagnostic port if you think that something you would be able to do let me know. If you need any other specific information regarding this issue feel free to reply and I will get back to you. Otherwise if you've not done so please not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you today at three or higher and a five would be awesome. My concern is that 2008 2009 had issues with the nitrogen charge booster with internal leaks and that's a very expensive repair and will set a particular code.