Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The lexus is350 I have will not start but all of the lights…

Customer Question
The lexus is350 I...

The lexus is350 I have will not start but all of the lights and everything come on inside its like the electrical connection is out. i am not sure if a fuse was blown or what

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

How do i check to know that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

Is350 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I had the ecu fixed by professionals but that didnt do the trick. I also had a new battery put in but that didnt do it either

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Lexus
3/26/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 26 days ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Was the starter tested at all or starter signals for any issues?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Starter was tested and showed no problems!

Using an assistant if you try and start the engine does the starter relay in the passenger side under hood fuse panel click when trying to start the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
it just tried to roll over but then shit off. And now the brake and steering wheel are locked. When I press the brake it doesn't go down and when I press the start button it does nothing but turns on all the lights in the car
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I do hear something clicking

If you press hard on the brake pedal will the starter engage then and turn over to try and start the engine at all?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No not at all. It did the first time but now nothing

Is the clicking noise coming from the engine area?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No nothing is coming from the engine now

O.k., there are a few relays and the park/neutral switch involved with the start circuit on this model here.You will need to have this tested further with a multi meter to see if one of the relays is at fault or if there is another component at fault like the push-button ignition switch or the power control ECU.These are all tied to your starter circuit.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this fault.If no codes are set then electrical testing is needed.

If you have a multi meter to do this testing I can try and walk you through it just let me know.But if not this has to be done by a shop or dealer or someone who has this tool to do this testing.

One of these components will cause this issue here and testing will be needed to pinpoint which is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician