Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Battery went dead, jumped it to start, put new battery in.

Customer Question
Battery went dead, jumped...

Battery went dead, jumped it to start, put new battery in. Now trunk wont' open...key fob, button on dash no go, no clicking noise nothing....valet button in glove box not activated...fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Battery on the key fob or main one in engine compartment?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

That would probably help....2008 ES350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself....just all the buttons, including the button on the back of the trunk next to the license plate

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you checked all fuses especially the larger high ampere fuse-able-links ? these are the larger ones that supply poer to a larger circuit and these are the ones that usually blow if something like the battery was arced or wrongly jumped. I will send a pic on one . They are hard to check , I use a pen light and magnifying glass to check for a break or dis-colorization in the center.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Problem fixed. ...stupid me had the valet button in the glove box activated when I thought it was not. This after I had painstaking checked EVERY fuse.
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 30 days ago

Live and learn , don't worry as these vehicle's get more complicated with more features , more things like this will happen. Have a good day my friend.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician