Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2007 Rx350. My battery went dead. My husband

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Rx350. My battery went dead. My husband changed it out. We figured out how to reset the windows on our own but since changing out the battery there is something wrong with the Heating/ AC. On the drivers side it seems fine. I'm getting both heat and air blowing but on the passenger side and in the back seat they are getting cool air. Set at heat and adjusting the temperature (dual temp control) still blows cool air. I did not have this problem until I changed my battery. Is this a fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The brand new battery? No we did not test it with a voltmeter. Old battery was completely dead; I had to jump my car a couple times before it died. My husband has changed many batteries. I was reading that it is not good to let the car go without power. Could this have caused this? what is the fix?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?

RX350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband I are looking to see if this is a easy fix; like the window reset after changing the battery. My husband's father was a mechanic so he often does car maintenance. Have not done anything other than trying to adjust the temperature.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No this is it. thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/22/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

What happens is when battery power is lost this causes the heater/ac control assembly on the dash to lose its calibrations on the end stop points of the heater/ac actuators.This then causes the issue you see here.The actuators have to be recalibrated to resolve this fault.I do not see a manual calibration procedure on this myself here.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port that can perform the calibration procedure.This at a shop can run around a half hours labor charge or less to have done in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete