Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My daughter has a 2006 Lexus IS 350 the dash lights up and…

My daughter has a...

My daughter has a 2006 Lexus IS 350 the dash lights up and the start button is green but when you push the button nothing happens. She had taken it to the toyota dealership and they told her the ECU was out and that it would take $2500 to fix it. I had a mechanic take the ECU out and I sent it to be repaired, The mechanic put it back in the battery was low and he jumped it off, it turned over for a minute but then stopped. It hasnt turned over since then. What else could be causing the problem? The locks and lights work, everything works as best I can tell but the engine acts like it isn't getting anything, completely dead. I installed a new battery to make sure that wasn't it but still same situation

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

What fuses should I check in particular?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just had the ECu repaired

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2018
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

The first thing I would do in your situation is to do a load test on that battery with a proper carbon pile tester, so we can take this out of the equation. Then if necessary continue.

I put a new battery in
eric remington

I KNOW OF A PLACE WHERE YU CAN MAI IN YOUR COMPUTER AND HAVE IT REPAIRED PROBABLY TWO THREE HUNDRED...

BUYINGA NEW COMPUTER IS EXPENSIVE WHEN THE OLD ONE CAN BE REPAIRED THAT IS WHAT I DO FOR MY OWN AND CUSTOMERS CARS

PERHAPS ITS TIME FOR A SECOND OPINION ON THE COMPUTER...EITHER THAT OR A SECOND OPINION BY A PROFESSIONAL SHOP AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPUTER IS ROBLEM AT ALL. HAS THE REPAIRED COMPUTER BEEN REPROGRAMMED...REPROGRAMMING IS ESSENTIAL PART OF THE PCM REPLACEMENT REPAIR

HERE ARE THE POSSIBLE SCENARIOS...1. DEALERSHIP MISDIAGNOSED PROBLEM COMPUTER IS NOT AT FUALT. 2. SCENARIO NO 2. DEALERSHIP WAS CORRECT IN DIAGNOSIS AND IT WAS NOT REPAIRED PROPERLY AND 3. OR THE RECALIBRAITION PROCESS NOT PERFORMED T ALL OR PROPERLY. 4. ADDITIOANL REAPIRS ON TOP OF WHAT HQS TRANSPIRED REPAIR WISE IS CORRECT BUT FURTHER REPAIRS NEEDED TO FULLY FIX ALL PROBLEMS

SO EITHER COMPUTER ITSELF NEEDS TO BE RECHECKED OR VEHICLE ITSELF OR BOTH

Hello do you require assistance?

eric remington