Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Battery drained completely over three days because the door…

Customer Question
Battery drained completely over...

Battery drained completely over three days because the door wasnt completely shut. I charged a different battery and the car runs very well. The problem is that other than the engine nothing else works. Windows, door locks, shift, gauges, etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Wtransmission is not leaking and I assume the same age as the car. But again nothing else works either.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

98

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im doing the work myself. I have checked fuses, unhooked the battery for over 20 minutes, etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems pretty straight forward. I had a slow 3 day drain, charged another god battery and installed it as I have done a ton of times, checked a ton of fuses and gone through Normal steps, but nothing. Why does the engine work so well, but nothing else in the electrical system. What do they all have in common to create this issue?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/18/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

This sounds like a possible fuse-able-link but I would like to check our wiring diagrams and get back tomorrow with you if that is ok?

what is the model of your Lexus?