Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My Levinson system does make any sound. It only pops when…

Customer Question
My Mark Levinson system...

My Mark Levinson system does make any sound. It only pops when you turn on the car. It is in a Lexus 430 LS 2004. Previously it would work for 1-2 minutes, then shut off. No audio, no radio, tape, CD, nothing. Now it only pops when I turn of the car. Is there a fuse in the amplifier that can be repalced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes. they all look good. Can one be bad and look good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have the amplifier out of the car. I read the internet and it indicated that the problem was in the amp. Is there a fuse in the amp that can be replaced.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/17/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 4 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The Mark Levinson amp issues has been around for a very long time and reappears here at Just Answer quite often. If the audio fuses are good, the amplifier is the problem. You can check for power to the amp at the amp's wire connector with a 12 volt DC test light. Check all of the sockets. If you have power at the wire connector you need an amplifier. This is a very common issue.