Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Having a diddicult time determining water entrance to back…

Hello- having a diddicult...

Hello- having a diddicult time determining water entrance to back seat floor board for 2004 Lexus RX330

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Lexus?

RX330

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested sunroof drains which are draining properly...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is rear door weatherstriping a possibility?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you finding this water in the back only?

primarily after rain and snow

Okay, there is a known cause for the type of leak you are having on your RX330 and Lexus has released a service bulletin dealing with it and the needed repair. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. have a look at it as it very likely applies.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3bfm7nwo2rxpp2/Hatch%20water%20leak%20Mar%2016.pdf?dl=0

cant open link from my current location ... but this must be the back door strut mounting issue.. correct

The file should open as long as you are not behind a firewall. It is the service bulletin for the seal at the strut mount.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
will verify thanks