Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I've recently had a problem with my 2007 lexus and the

Customer Question
Hi Good morning I've...

Hi Good morning I've recently had a problem with my 2007 lexus and the problem code is c1391 that's regarding the abs problems that's common with this model

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

Yes the breaks are squeaking a bit , like a grinding sound

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?

Didn't check the brake fluid until now yead yes LS460L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No , I recently went to a work shop that checked the problem code , he suggested replacing the ABS module , but I was not convinced by this solution I normally work with workshops , never tried fixing these kinds of issues by myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No , thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/16/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

If you clear the code does the code number come right back? Do you have the vehicle identification number available so I can check a few things?

How many miles are on the vehicle?

I didn't try to clear the code , the code was C1391. Vehicle's identification code is : JTHGL46F275000103

OK standby

L-SB-0016-16 the service That addresses this issue on this particular car. If you search that number you'll find a copy of the bulletin online. According to the vehicle identification number that does not appear to be any recalls or warranty extension programs for this that you might want to contact your local dealer and ask for some assistance never hurts to try. Unfortunately I don't have good news. This code that you're getting means that there is a leak between the accumulator pressure cylinder and the actuator itself. It Is an internal failure. There have been multiple complaints and issues with this. The only fix is to replace the ABS actuator assembly/accumulator assembly. The updated or new part number is ***** Please don't shoot the messenger. If you need any other specific information feel free to reply and I will get back to you. Otherwise if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided you today at three or higher and a five would be awesome.