Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have an issue with my Lexus LX 570. On the dashboard came…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an issue with my Lexus LX 570. On the dashboard came out a warning stating: " check 4 wheel AHC system" and front of the car stays lower then usual.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

It happened yesterday evening

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your LX?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far as i don't know what to do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/16/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

The warning on the display is telling you that there's a problem with the active height control which is the AHC acronym. All four wheels and suspension corners are designed to rise and lower depending on the load and how you have the system set in the vehicle. In order to diagnose this you will need a scan tool that will access the body ECU and the active height control ECU. Without code numbers is difficult to tell you specifically what's going on. The bot***** *****ne is there is a malfunction in the active height control system. Usually the most common fault is a height sensor. If you Google search LEXUS 4 Wheel AHC systems there are multiple websites discussing issues with the system. There's one that's actual Lexus clubs/forum. There is a lot of good reading information if you want to learn more about the system and the potential problems. If you need more detailed information on this particular issue that you're having feel free to reply and I will get back to you otherwise if you have not done so please do not forget to apply rating of three or higher and a five would be awesome thank you.