Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2016 RX 350. I'm trying to drive with a ladder

Yes. I have...

Yes. I have a 2016 RX 350. I'm trying to drive with a ladder hanging out the back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I see how to adjust the rear down opening position

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can i disable the alarm that the door is open?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

All operates fine ok

3/15/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Yes you can turn that off simply by locating the latch where the striker goes into it, use a screwdriver and simulate the latch going against the striker and push the latch closed it will lock into place. To release the latch just hit the button on the back door as if you are going to open and this will shut the door ajar light and a warning buzzer off. I do it all the time in mine when I have things that are too long and stick out the hatch. Please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided you today at three or higher and if you need any additional information please feel free to reply and I will get back to you.

not looking at the car right now, but is the latch on the car body, or the latch in the rear power door?
The latch assembly is in the back hatch. If you look at the bottom of a hatch you'll see the latch assembly just take a screwdriver and push the lever to it locks and the motor will drive it closed.
got it - perfect. thanks

You are welcome.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician