Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

It wont start. It's not the battery. I took it to local

Customer Question
It wont start. It's...

It wont start. It's not the battery. I took it to local mechanic shop and they ran diagnostic and said no issues there and believe it could be a problem with the elcetrical board?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

New battery , no corrosion

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2008 GS 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS yourself? What have you tried so far?

As I said above I took it to the local shop who ran the diagnostics and said they couldnt find anything wrong, they believe it is a electrical board problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
Hi there
3/14/2018
Lexus Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

OK

do you have a voltmeter?

We tested the battery, but that wasnt it

Im not interested in it being the battery. do you have a voltmeter

NO, I dont believe so. I dont honestly know what that is

ok, then theres nothing I can do for you. I need a little help on your side. we need to test the starter relay and the neutral safety switch for voltage and grounds.

OK, well thanks. That was a waste of $5

Sorry but I dont take guesses or throw parts at cars. I rely on test results. good day