Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 95 lexus sc400. It sat for awhile before I bought 4…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 95 lexus sc400. It sat for awhile before I bought 4 years ago. Just turned 100K. My mechanic tells me all the seals are leaking. No oil on the floor under the car. What I saw was some dampness around the seals.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

What do yousuggest 300 miles ago. I change it with synthetic every 3000,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Unfortunately I'm not that mechanical. Haven't tried anything. does it sound that bad. Is there a remedy?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/14/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Ted G., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician

Frankly I would expect some oil seepage around the seals on a motor that old. If you are not using much oil between changes and nothing is dripping on the ground, I would leave it. Once you do decide to do it, all of the front seals will need to be done at the same time, and a water pump replacement at that point might be good too.