Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a popping noise in the front end of a 2004 430 SC…

I have a popping...

I have a popping noise in the front end of a 2004 430 SC Lexus

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It just started doing this the lower control arm has been replaced on the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a mechanic and he's very confused with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It don't pop and crack all the time

3/13/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Please keep in mind noises a very difficult to diagnose in this type of format. That being said is there any chance it is loud enough you could get a recording so I could hear the noise? Did the mechanic replace just the one lower control arm that the noise appeared to be coming from on that side? Was it a Lexus part or aftermarket? Is this being done at the dealer or an aftermarket repair shop?

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
No can't record it just bought the car and it had to lower control arm replace when I bought it had brakes put on with new calipers also
It don't pop all the time
When will he call
What do you think the problem is
This is being done by aftermarket mechanic
Phone call session started

ok

Waiting on a call back please Freddie Miller

I have been waiting for the vehicle identification number I checked my mail frequently and not seen it if you want just post the vehicle identification number here if you're having issues with getting it emailed to me.

Jthfn48y540060812 email address you gave me would not work
Did u receive vin #

I got it let me do some research I'll call you back in next 15 or 20 minutes.

Great thanks

Let me know how it goes.

Pete, Technician