Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I has a 2006 gs 300 head unit has power all functions except…

I has a 2006...

I has a 2006 gs 300 head unit has power all functions except volume and no sound, checked fuses still no sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yea

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I followed harness to factory amp and was looking for a fuse to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have checked fuse by battery, right passenger and left drivers and also theres another fuse box in trunk

3/12/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

There are 3 fuses for the amp

Radio 1 and Radio 2 in the engine compartment fuse box at right rear of engine compartment

ACC fuse in fuse box under right side of dash.

If these fuses are good, then on pin 1 and pin 10, both light blue wires, on 20 pin connector at amp, check for 12v with key on, and check pin 12, grey wire, on 24 pin connector at amp for 12v with key on

Check for good ground on pins 15 and 16, both white with black striped wire, on 20 pin connector

If all good, let me know

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok checked all fuses hook amp back up now what I get is a slight thud when I turn radio on coming from sub . I’m leaning against sub has gone bad and making the amp go into protection mode

HI,

Ok, on 24 pin connector at amp with audio unit on, check for power on pin3 black wire and pin 5 red wire. These are the left and right speaker positive feeds from the head unit.

If you have power on them, then either the amp or the sub, which with latest symptom, I suspect the sub woofer as well

IF no power then either the head unit or short/open in the wiring harness

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your help I just took it to dealer and they said the amp just took a crap so a replacement was almost $900 so I’m just going to buy one off eBay

HI,

You are welcome

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager