Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2004 lexus is300, there was an electical short with…

Customer Question
i have a 2004 lexus...
i have a 2004 lexus is300, there was an electical short with the rear tail lights that melted some wire, i had a mechanic replace the wiring and the tail lights work again but the keyless entry is not working anymore
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/10/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Here is the procedure for programming the alarm fob. Let me know what your results are, it's possible that the fob just fell adaptation, which can happen from hitting the button too many times out of range or the possibly the alarm module is now faulty.I personally have not use this method because I use the schedule but it's worth a shot if you don't get anywhere with this you're basically going to need a scan tool to diagnose it.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name is ***** ***** the only way this site will compensate me for my time. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you will be able to ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on.
3. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)
4. Close and open drivers door.
5. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times.(Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)
6. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON", turn off and remove.
7. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves.If the door lock do not cycle (lock, unlock) by themselves then the car isn't in programming mode and you must start over.8. On the remove. Press and hold Lock and Unlock button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.
9. On the remote, press the Lock button for no more than 1 second.AT THIS POINT. The locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted.IF the locks cycle TWICE it have failed.The most common reason for programming failure is because the car didn't receive a good signal from the remove. To fix this problem try these tips. 1) Stand outside of the car while you are performing step 8 and 9. 2) Don't hold the remove buttons down as long.As long as the car is still in programming mode you can keep trying step 8 and 9 until you complete the programming. If you wait too long and the car exits the programming mode then you must start over.After you get the remote to program then continue on with step 10.10) Close and open door to end programming procedure.