Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

How do you replace a power steering rack and pinon in a 2006…

Customer Question
How do you replace...

How do you replace a power steering rack and pinon in a 2006 Lexus IS 250. Do you have to lift the motor and transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes but the cars sit up for about 2 months after that

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well we are trying to figure how to replace the unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just is it a major job and how do we get to it to replace it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/9/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Ron Z., - Lexus Tech - replied 5 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Is this vehicle AWD?