Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Sorry for the delay snow knocked out internet. The car fob…

Hello sir, sorry for the...
Hello sir, sorry for the delay snow knocked out internet.
The car fob works to lock and unlock door
I did use the key manually to unlock> open>shut and lock several times - no change
I tried the flat key and the security light flashes. According to the instruction I was to turn to on when security light stopped it never did and I tried with no success
I tried my spare key same thing. Dash lights up but no electronics (checked by moving the seat)
VIN as requested JTJHK31U392855581
3/10/2018
eric remington

o​k the security system needs tobe reset at a professional reaprishop or dealership with a computer scanner that can interface with the antitheft module. you can try and disconnect battery and turn key on then rehook battery turn key n door locks and see if resets if not a scanner will need to be used

y​ou can ck fuses etc. but sounds as if there isa problem in the theft deterrent system...did battery go dead?

the battery did go dead and then replaced which the outputs initiated this discussion. In lieu of time I had the vehicle towed to the Lexus dealership this morning where the Diagnostics came back from an electrical of value equation sharing that there was a fuse and the alternator junction box I think I have that correct that was 45 and needed to be replaced. I was then told to come pick up the car at 1500 CST and upon arrival I learn that the car still would not crank that we were back at square one. The dealership gave me vehicle to use until this problem is resolved but I gathered from my discussion that there is a lot of head-scratching going on and a resolution yet to be determined. I will keep you posted however I do want to thank you for your assistance and inputs and apologize again for my delay and follow up due to the storm. I will be glad to ride and I'll standing recommendation Asda my experience with you and will reach out to you again in the future should other issues develop that I feel that you may be able to assist me on. Thank you so much sir

W​ell its good to know that the vehicle never left dealership. they may have fixed the symptom temporarily but sounds as if the underlying problem still present they will figure it out eventually

If you could rate me that would be appreciated that is how I am compensated and please respond when you find the issues as well

eric remington