Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My Lexus 460 won't start. The terminals are okay. I only…

Customer Question
My Lexus 460 won't...

My Lexus 460 won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The terminals are okay

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

I only move the battery out to start my other lexus 350 as the battery for that one was down

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lexus?

2015 lexus 460 suv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2015 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No , just that it reads steering lock activ

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i am still waiting for response
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

the anti theft security system was triggered most likley moving that battery and the system seen no voltage and triggered

we can try resetting manually ,IF ALL WAS WORKING PRIOR TO REMOVING BATTERY IT SHOULD WORK

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

if THAT DOES NOT WORK THEN You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for get back to me. i am really worried as this is a brand new 2015 Lexus and i have driven it just for two years.Here is the Fault code and error message- B2786 ''No Response from steering lock EUC.what should i do next? i need help urgently

Ok no problem ,I will try ,since you have a fault code now i can help more

Click on link to view the pdf file on the step by step testing for dtc B2786

With that said these had TSB bulletin not a recall, on the wiring harness of the steering wheel lock ecu

Problem is what ever work on the connector or wiring or the ecu lock itself , after repair you will need a factry scanner to register that ecu back to the car ,so you can finish job yourself with a capable scanner

TSB ,Technical service bulletin, is not a recall so dealer want pay for it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after registering the EUC back to the car , would it affect another euc or any other thing in the car.

no it should not ,if you the capable scanner to do it ,it should be okay,but you have to test u can not assuming ecu is defective

run the steps so we not guessing and throwing parts at it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My suv hasn’t started yet.

For B2786 there is 3 posssible causes ,listed in the file i sent you

Possible causes

1- Steering lock actuator ECU

2- Certification ECU

3-Harness or Connector to ECU

this the test again ,click on link below

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/jhook1398/ddf52620-f6c7-4550-8b00-5b1e9678d758_111.pdf

IF YOU JUTS REPLACED ECU WITH ANY CHECKING AS DESCRIBED IN THE DTC TROUBLESHOOT I SENT THEN YOU GUESSED AT IT AND THAT IS HOW WE END UP THROWING PARTS AT IT

I CAN NOT TELL YOU WHY IT IS NOT STARTED AT THIS TIME , WHAT DID YOU CHECK ? IF ANY ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I say a deduction of 34dollars on my card and I don’t know why. Pls can someone explain. Is this some kind of fraud
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mean I saw not say. Can someone respond. Besides my car is still not working

I will send it for refund for you

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat