Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The battery in my 2005 Lexus RX330 had to be replaced. Since…

Customer Question
The battery in my...

The battery in my 2005 Lexus RX330 had to be replaced. Since then, the car alarm goes off at random times. How do I stop it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

I'll try that. Using the remote key does not stop it. Is there a way to permanently disable the alarm?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Lexus?

330 RX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I press the alarm button on the remote start and it will stop the alarm for a few minutes, then it goes off again. People on the road get really angry with me because they think I am blowing my horn at them!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I was told the problem was related to disconnecting and replacing the battery. I can take it somewhere to be repaired, but do not want to be cheated on repair costs. I would like to know what to tell them to do.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is Peter and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your isue , I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to help you with your question.

If that don't work try cycling your key off and on 5 times within 5 seconds.