Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Have P1441 and P1444 codes... P1441 and P1444... How do I…

Customer Question
Have P1441 and P1444...

Have P1441 and P1444 codes...

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P1441 and P1444... How do I reset it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2006 GX470

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing myself. Haven't tried anything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
3/6/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello,let me review your request. Please stand by,

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Have you notice any driving/ engine performance issues since the engine light came on?

Vehicle won’t accelerate when check engine /VCS lights are on. Also on initial cranking in the morning there’s a sound like a vacuum.
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

DTC P1441 SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM SWITCHING VALVE NO.2 BANK 1 STUCK OPEN
DTC P1444 SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM SWITCHING VALVE NO.2 BANK 2 STUCK OPEN

The codes are for fault with switching valves on both banks. It is possible but very unlikely for the valves to go bad at the same time. So first step is to check the secondary air pump for proper operation. The secondary air pump is located under intake manifold as shown in the illustration attached.

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Hello, just checking if any updates?

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer