Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My gx470's Bluetooth works...for the first minute or

My gx470's Bluetooth works...for...

My gx470's Bluetooth works...for the first minute or so...then it won't...I have to turn off the engine and turn it back on...what's up ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

203K....2006 model....automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Gx470 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went to the dealer...Then turned of and the back on the Bluetooth ( pairing with my iphone)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have other Bluetooth systems , other vehicles, and it stays hooked up ...If I use the Bluetooth immediately after starting the engine it works....A minute later, it won't connect...

Answered in 6 days by:
3/8/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the blue tooth receiver/control unit itself.This can act up/fail internally causing this issue here with it needing to be replaced.I would let the dealer know that the fix they did did not repair this issue and to see if they can check the fault codes first to see if any codes are set then re-diagnose the fault to see if the receiver needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician