Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Intermittent loss of power when stepping on gas for a quick…

Intermittent loss of power when...
Intermittent loss of power when stepping on gas for a quick response. Code was thrown knock sensor. So had replaced and no codes yet but no torque from start and at 60 - punching to change lanes is stalling or hesitation. Many forum say to clean maf? Also I ordered a new throttle position sensor to be installed. As many folks with similar problems had this fix . It seems easy enough and is a cheap part.
2/16/2018
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I am sorry no one has helped yet. This is not my strongest area but I am willing to try and help if help is still needed.

Am I supposed to ask more questions? Or can you throw out some ideas?

Welcome back, looking over this right now.

What year model?

Current miles?

Can you list all repairs done in the last 70,000 miles?

2003 ls 430 157k . Not alot of information from 3rd owner. I just replaced throttle position sensor. Knock sensors ( per lexus recommend and code). Radiator. Gonna perform tune up in next few.months. Mechanics are doing bushings and throttle sensor now. I will see how it now drives

I believe in your case not knowing much history on the vehicle. Cleaning some things up and some maintenance should resolve this. Things like these:

1. tuneup
  2. fuel injector cleaner double strength through a tank of gas
  3. fog the intake through a vacuum line using sea foam
  4. clean the maf and the throttle body
  5. change any filters that are due
  6. Do an engine oil flush to remove any sludge build up affecting cam timing.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)