Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Anti theft triggered, lights were going on and off, the put…

Customer Question
Anti theft triggered, lights...

Anti theft triggered, lights were going on and off, the put the key in the drivers side and turned several times. The lights went off but the car won't start and the hood won't pop

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

The car is in park, I believe that there is a wheel lock feature

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2006 IS250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just put the key in the drivers side door and turned the key back and forth 5 times. Several car alarms went off at the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lexus Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

OK

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
It's been 30 minutes, should I be hearing something soon? My daughter's car won't start
2/13/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If it is acting like a dead or weak battery now I would have the battery checked to see if the alarm going off wore down the battery to where it needs to be recharged as this can occur in some cases.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete