Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I jumped it backards and lost all electrical. 2000 es300. I…

Customer Question
HI i jumped it...

HI i jumped it backards and lost all electrical

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2000 es300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all the fuses they are all good i am fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes oe under the hod and the other to the left of the steering column]

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/14/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 7 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. On Toyota and Lexus vehicles, attaching the battery up backwards almost always causes the 100 amp ALT fuse to blow. This is a larger fuse in a somewhat separate section of the fuse box under the hood. Can you check this? It will have a clear plastic 'window' to look at the fusible wire element. Thanks!