Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Back up camera stopped working. With vehicle. Rx400h 2006. I…

Customer Question
Back up camera stopped...

Back up camera stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

With vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

Rx400h 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix myself. wiggled connections in boot space

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/13/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi what exactly happens when you reverse? what is displayed?

black

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would suggest you check fuses (numbers 31 32 33 35 38 53 62 63 74 77) if you have not and also unhook the 12v battery for an hour to reboot the system. Also check the wiring where it leaves the vehicle body and enters the tailgate.

if the issue persists, unfortunately it is likely just a faulty camera that will need to be replaced to restore function

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.