Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2008 Lexus LS460. Been parked for 6 months and battery died.

Customer Question
New battery and now my...
2008 Lexus LS460. Been parked for 6 months and battery died. New battery and now my fobs won’t unlock doors and set off alarm when clicked. Alarm won’t shut off until I manually start ignition. Put new batteries in fobs but no luck. Tried using manual key in door to shut off but no luck. Any ideas?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
1/9/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try resetting the remotes by holding down the lock and unlock on the remotes each remote one at a time standing next to the vehicle for about 15 seconds.See if this relearns the remotes to correct this issue here.If this is or was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

No luck. Tried with both fobs. Alarm goes off as soon as I open the door and goes through a complete alarm cycle then goes on again 2 more times. Using key in door, turning on ignition doesn’t shut it off. After 3 alarms it goes off. Screen inside tells me to contact dealer.

O.k., it looks like you will have to have both remotes reprogrammed to resolve this fault.They must have lost programming while the vehicle sat and the battery died.I don't see a manual way to reprogram these myself unfortunately so a dealer or repair facility that works on this model will have to reprogram them.Once they are reprogrammed you can lock and unlock with them and this will disable the alarm properly.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete