Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2006 Lexus LS430. It was sitting with a dead

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Lexus...
I have a 2006 Lexus LS430. It was sitting with a dead battery for about a month. It had a battery tender, but it could not keep up. I charged the battery and started the car, but several functions are not working. The "check Engine", "Trac", and VSC lights are on, the navigation screen and all functions around it (Heater, defrost, Radio, CD player, Map, etc.) are inoperable. I tried removing the negative cable twice for well over 10 seconds, one time for several minutes, to no avail.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
1/8/2018
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do you still require assistance? Was this vehicle ever boosted or battery replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A new battery was installed in July, but the car has been sitting quite often. The battery appears fully charged now as the car readily starts.

I think we should start by texting as this may be a simple thing and do some checks first if that's ok with you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure. I will have to go down to the warehouse each time, but no problem. Unless you want to text my personal phone(###) ###-####

two things I would like you to check first, check all the fuse-able links under the hood in the main fuse block. these are the high ampere fuses not to be confused with the smaller ones. Also check with a code reader if there is any stored codes in one of your ECU'S

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not checked any fuses. Can you direct me as to where they might be? I know there is an array in front of the battery, but unaware of other locations.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a code reader.

the ones I am referring to are in the larger main fuse block under the hood driver's side. these will be larger amp ones for ALT, MAIN and so on. check them carefully as they supply current to a large circuit as your describing. Do you need any diagrams/

you can have codes read at Auto zone usually free

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me go take a look. I might be a couple minutes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I am back
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All of the fuses seem to be intact.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is curious, because these systems seem to be using many different fuses. Is there a master breaker that runs power to so many items?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But if it is the fusable block, would other items in that fuse box continue to work?

no master breaker just those fuse-able links, they are difficult sometimes to properly check them and also when you mentioned those other lights on the dash this will need further checks done like I mentioned with a scanner or code reader to pinpoint the are to diagnose. I reviewed the wiring and am almost certain it will be one og those links

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds like a trip to the mechanic. I don't want to dig any deeper than I have to. Thanks for your help.

yes most likely as I mentioned you won't want to get into replacing one of those fuse-able links your self and it should have the ECU checked for codes. thanx for using Just answer and good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tks
Lexus Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 1 month ago
Cary York
Phone call session started
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician